Thursday, February 24, 2011

Round Three!!

Okay, I have finally taken the plunge. I made the very important call this morning to the RE informing them that in the next several days, we will be starting IUI round #3. They are calling in my prescription as we speak. Which means $1,500 and 48 hours later, a nice little refrigerated box will arrive at my door with two very small containers of medications. I have leftover meds in my fridge from round #2....from August. The nurse reminded me that my first prescription was filled last June. Wow....it's been a long time. A really long time when I consider that I threw away my birth control pills on Libby's first birthday. (It seems crazy now, I actually thought I needed birth control pills!)

Libby's best friend at church is going to be a big sister. Libby told her yesterday that she was gonna have a baby too. How do I explain that one? Every night when we go to bed she prays that God will giver her a baby sister. That's kind of a hard pill to swallow. I know how great the relationship is between me and my sisters, and I really long for Libby to have that same fun friendship with a sibling of her own. Even on vacation last week, I realized that she really needs a playmate. She is so grown up now, I am really feeling that baby fever! So, I am beginning this next cycle with a renewed spirit. It's been exactly 6 months since my last cycle. I am optimistic, positive and hopeful. I feel very strongly that God will bless my little family with another child, I just pray that it's sooner rather than later! This "waiting game" is tough. Especially watching friends around me get pregnant again. I can't lie, I'm incredibly envious. I can't imagine how exciting it would be to simply wake up one day, decide to have another child and actually get pregnant on my own! How thrilling it must be!   My heart also aches for dear friends who are also in the waiting period of their own. Infertility is a very painful journey. It affects your entire being. It also puts an incredible strain on your marriage, your finances, your stress, your entire life! I am praying for my sweet friends and hopeful that soon we will be swapping pregnancy stories and labor and delivery nightmares with each other!

No comments:

Post a Comment