My sweet husband brought Libby to meet me yesterday for lunch. When we were finished, he kissed me and I got into the car to head back to work. As I was pulling out of the parking space, I noticed him walking around my car checking my tires as I backed up. He looked up, smiled and waved me off. It usually drives me crazy when he obsessively checks my tires, my car, my oil, etc... However, it occurred to me that he was simply checking the safety and efficiency of my car to insure my safe arrival at work. It was kinda sweet. This leads me to think of other "little things" that he does that often goes unnoticed or unappreciated. So, in honor of my sweet little husband, here is the list of his "little things" that I am now appreciating!
1. Obsessively checking my car for possible safety issues
2. Playing with my hair every night while I fall asleep on his chest (Yes, EVERY night for 6 years)
3. Waking up early on Saturday mornings to entertain the Princess while I sleep a little longer
4. If I get to sleep in on a weekday, he wakes Libby up, takes her potty, brings her a juice cup and puts her in bed with me, so I don't have to get up
5. He always lets me pick the restaurant or movie when we do have a date night
6. When Libby was a baby, he would bolt out of bed in the middle of the night to allow me to rest
7. He sends me little text messages throughout the day to "check on me"
8. He actually cleans the bathroom better than I do!
9. He irons all of his clothes and always asks me if I need anything ironed for myself or Lib
10. He always asks me every morning what he should wear to work
I guess I could go on and on about the cool little "Brad-isms" that I encounter on a daily basis. I am thankful for him and all of his quirks.