Wednesday, February 23, 2011

DISNEY! and a letter to My Princess on her third birthday...

I wish I could just bottle up my Disney world experience, and  then open it up from time to time to enjoy the feelings that I experienced there. It was absolutely amazing to see Disney through the eyes of my (now three year old) princess. She was so overwhelmed and spent the week wide-eyed and squealing. Every place she turned there was another princess, fancy ride or show for her to experience. It will remain one of the greatest moments in my parenting life. For those few days, I got to push back work, laundry, dishes and stress and simply focus on enjoying Libby. I enjoyed every second that I got to spend with her. I soaked up the time eagerly and cannot wait to begin our "scrapbook" together.  Yes, she was a bit sleepy, and yes, she did get a little cranky at times. Of course, I got a little bit sleepy and cranky myself! It was the most amazing week and I am so eager to start planning our next vacation. These past three years have absolutely flown by. Far too quickly, she has grown from my sweet, dainty little baby into a beautiful little lady. I am so blessed to be her mother. I am so lucky to have the opportunity to watch her grow and change. Thank you, God for allowing me to be her mommy. Wow, what did I do to deserve such an honor?


My precious little princess,

You will never understand how much you are loved, until one day, when you look into the eyes of your little baby. Only then, will you absolutely be able to fall in love with your whole being, with another person. Being a mother is so much different from any other relationship that you will ever have. I love your father more than I love anybody on this earth. However, I will never love someone in the same way that I love you.

From the moment that I saw that positive pink pregnancy test, my life was changed forever. Your dad and I had waited and prayed for you for a very long time. We could hardly believe that we were finally going to be parents! The very first time I met you, I fell in love. I remember your beautiful long, dark eyelashes, and pink, pouty little lips. You didn't make a sound when the doctor picked you up, I was so nervous, but you were wiggling and very serious, taking in all of your surroundings. You were too busy too cry! Not much has changed in three years, you are a very busy, very intelligent little girl. You are the absolute most beautiful creature that God has ever created. I don't know if Daddy and I could have a more beautiful little girl if we tried a thousand more times!

You are so much like me and also so much like your Daddy. I like to think you are the best of the both of us! You are so incredibly smart, you talk like a little grown lady, and you have such amazing reasoning skills. I am pretty sure that you are going to be a surgeon! You are also very stubborn and strong willed, this can be difficult at times, but I know you are going to become a very independent, strong willed woman one day, and that makes me very proud! Like your Daddy, you can be very silly and fun. You like to sing funny songs and dance around the house. You and Daddy even make up silly words like, "stukid" and "wannakie". I am pretty sure only the two of you understand the real meaning of those words. Like your Daddy, you are fun loving and have a wonderful, infectious laugh. You are destined to make everyone you meet fall desperately in love. I am really nervous about the potential of you dating one day!

Whatever path that you may choose, please know that your Daddy and I love you more than anything. I am so proud of you and will always be here for you. I never grow tired of our "cuddle time" and taking naps on the couch curled up with you and your best bud-Lily the dachshund. You are the greatest gift God could ever bless two people with. Thank you for being my little girl!

Love,

Mommy
February 23, 2011

No comments:

Post a Comment