Wednesday, January 19, 2011

Winter Weekend

Had a blast this weekend in Gatlinburg! I really enjoy my small group at Church. It's quite the eclectic group of "young families". A nice mixture of professionals, stay at home moms, newlyweds, executive couples without kids and of course, Me and My honey! Our annual weekend retreat is a nice opportunity to get away from work, home and children, and focus on marriage. Brad and I definitely had some nice, long, much needed discussions. More importantly, we had time to focus on each other. It's sometimes difficult to find time for your partner is the midst of "life". Especially when you are both working, raising a toddler and trying to get pregnant again. You would think that the whole "trying to get pregnant" would actually increase your "time" together. However, when you are battling "infertility" this is quite the opposite. Our "time" is simply reduced to optimizing my "fertile period", and everything is planned and studied and so scientific. A lot of romance is taken out of the equation. Often times, I find myself simply looking at Brad as the "donor" and not my partner. So, it was nice to be able to concentrate on us this weekend.

Libby spent the weekend with her grandparents in Florida. Even though she was sick with a stomach bug, she had sooo much fun! I spent yesterday cuddling in bed with her. She rolled over at one point and said,"Mommy-I love you sooo much. Thank you for bringing me my prizes (souvenirs from Gatlinburg), I am so thankful for them." It made my day.

Speaking of Libby, last week, she was in our room and said, "Pee-Ewe! What smells?" So, she then went into the living room and cried out, "OMG! Lilly pooped on the carpet!" Wow....she already talks like a teenager.

No comments:

Post a Comment